Pages

09 October 2016

First week of Inktober 2016

I thought I would share my Inktober progress so far, for those of you who don't follow me on Instagram or Twitter.

Inktober is quite a simple concept, just produce a drawing using some kind of ink, liquid or pen/marker for every day in October.

This is the first time I've done Inktober, and I'm enjoying using it as a way to experiment with different types of ink and techniques. You will notice that all my images don't look exactly the same style, but it's a good challenge to see what's working and what isn't so much.



I'd decided to choose a different film for each image. Then I found out that there was an official Inktober prompt list. So I'm using this list, and picking a film that relates to that in some way. Some have an obvious connection, and some may be a feeling or single scene that link.

Popcorn ready? Here we go.



 Day 1 Fast: Speed



Day 2 Noisy: What Maisie Knew (Chosen because of the arguments, and Masie's rock star Mum)


Day 3 Collect: Wizard of Oz (Heart, Brain, Courage)



Day 4 Hungry: Hunger Games


Day 5 Sad: The Help (The scene where Aibileen get's fired and has to say goodbye breaks my heart)


Day 6 Hidden: Serenity (River reveals her superpowers which are triggered by subliminal messages in a cartoon)


Day 7 Lost: Labyrinth (Sarah can't remember what she's looking for and meets the junk lady who tries to distract her)


Day 8 Rock: Cliffhanger




Day 9 Broken: 12 Monkey's (The world is a bit broken due to a deadly virus.)



I think I'm happiest with The Wizard of Oz, The Hunger Games, and Cliffhanger.

I will post another update next week, but if you can't wait that long I'm uploading them daily to Instagram and Twitter.

If there's a film above that you've never seen that intrigues you, why not check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment